Thursday 7 January 2010

Travel Log 8

In Chiang Mai I stayed with Chris a friend from uni. Most days during my stay Chris would be busy with his Thai course and his English teaching job luckily I had been in contact with a CSer that was a tour guide to Chiang  Mai. So on the first day Chris dropped me off at a bike rental shop and I picked my Yamaha Fino which I rented for 5 days. I biked around town a few times to get used to the scooter and then met Nicky in Starbucks. She took the reins of the scooter and lead me to lunch. Over the course of the next few days she gave me the tour of the town and took me to dine at local restaurants and drink at local bars and cafes. Most evenings I hung out with Chris and his friends and zoomed about town on the bikes. One night I went to pick up Nicky so that she could join Chris, myself and the others at The Warm Up club unfortunately it started raining just after I set off and I got soaked all the way through and had to dry off at Nicky’s with the help of her hair drier. Nicky also took me to a cool Thai bar called Tha Chang where it seems she was quite a celebrity and we get a table specially brought out from the back  for us to be seated at. I find out later that this is because a big time Thai celebrity has been chasing her and told the bar management to take good care of her.

My tour guide Nicky

On Sunday Chris’ day off we drove to the hot spring to soak in the hot water. Unfortunately being Thailand these weren’t as nice as one would hope for and we had to settle for the swimming pool rather than a private hot bath once getting over this and the eggy smell the water had it was quite soothing. Once we got back into town Chris and myself took a Thai massage which I found quite painful.

On Monday I went on an epic journey back to Penang for Christmas. 

1 comment:

  1. Tour guides are good source to enjoy your trip in every possible manner, because travel guides reveals to you those aspects of a destination which you might not be aware off. So, If you have enough budget then do hire a travel guide to comprehensively enjoy your trip. Cheap Flights to Singapore

    ReplyDelete